Help make HoCoPoLitSo happen, donate today.
Join our email list.To receive notifications about upcoming HoCoPoLitSo events via email, simply click Subscribe.
- Word gets out that a player on a British football team about to sub in looks a little like Voldemort. What's a... fb.me/6OTnpv8Hq 1 day ago
- What will YOU be reading during Banned Books week, Sept 21-27? Have a listen to James Gandolfini read "In the... fb.me/1hhkQ03Pv 4 days ago
- What's your favorite BANNED/CHALLENGED book? 4 days ago
- And your choice would be? fb.me/1gtAJ33Oe 5 days ago
- The Baltimore Book Festival and a promising line up of authors is just two weekends away. NOTE THE NEW LOCATION... fb.me/1WxIxqHHy 1 week ago
Tag Archives: Colum McCann
HoCoPoLitSo’s 35th Irish Evening started the night before, on Feb. 28, when National Book Award-winning novelist Colum McCann drove down from New York to hang out late with Gov. Martin O’Malley and the musical Winch brothers. It just got better … Continue reading
It’s time for Irish Evening! We’re told that writers in Ireland know when HoCoPoLitSo calls, you go. And they come from wherever they are to share with Howard County their work. Our Irish Evening is that special. This Friday it’s … Continue reading
On a tight budget? You have no idea. Here’s how Frank McCourt’s family’s budget – funded by the Irish dole — is tallied by his mother. “Nineteen shillings for the six of us? That’s less than four dollars in American … Continue reading
Poet, publisher, and HoCoPoLitSo board member Truth Thomas takes a look at the year ahead for the organization and sees the promise of fertile ground. Fertile ground is a wondrous thing. That is one of the first lessons I remember … Continue reading
The international award winning author Colum McCann is HoCoPoLitSo’s guest for its 35th Annual Irish Evening at 7:30 pm, March 1, 2013 at the Smith Theater, Horowitz Center for Visual and Performing Arts on the campus of Howard Community College. … Continue reading
In this edition of HoCoPoLitSo’s “The Writing Life,” poet and musician Terence Winch talks with Irish novelist Colum McCann (winner of the 2009 National Book Award for Let the Great World Spin) after his second novel debuted to great acclaim. … Continue reading