- Enlarging the audience for contemporary poetry and literature and the world literary heritage since 1974.
Help make HoCoPoLitSo happen, donate today.
Join our email list.To receive notifications about upcoming HoCoPoLitSo events via email, simply click Subscribe.
- RT @litdeathmatch: The @NewYorker wants you hooked before making you pay for it. 14 great stories from the (free-for-the-summer) archive!ht… 13 hours ago
- A Top 10 list of bookstores around the world especially worthy of a visit. Thanks to Columbia's ADG Creative for... fb.me/1VnVc480K 1 day ago
- A new The New Yorker (dot com) and free access to the archive through the fall. fb.me/2Tft1SrPj 2 days ago
- #Hocopolitso selfie http://t.co/KsCejdzJfF 4 days ago
- I posted 15 photos on Facebook in the album "2014 Annual Meeting" fb.me/6Lkf0oDwF 4 days ago
Past Posts from HoCoPoLitSo
Tag Archives: Colum McCann
HoCoPoLitSo’s 35th Irish Evening started the night before, on Feb. 28, when National Book Award-winning novelist Colum McCann drove down from New York to hang out late with Gov. Martin O’Malley and the musical Winch brothers. It just got better … Continue reading
It’s time for Irish Evening! We’re told that writers in Ireland know when HoCoPoLitSo calls, you go. And they come from wherever they are to share with Howard County their work. Our Irish Evening is that special. This Friday it’s … Continue reading
On a tight budget? You have no idea. Here’s how Frank McCourt’s family’s budget – funded by the Irish dole — is tallied by his mother. “Nineteen shillings for the six of us? That’s less than four dollars in American … Continue reading
Poet, publisher, and HoCoPoLitSo board member Truth Thomas takes a look at the year ahead for the organization and sees the promise of fertile ground. Fertile ground is a wondrous thing. That is one of the first lessons I remember … Continue reading
The international award winning author Colum McCann is HoCoPoLitSo’s guest for its 35th Annual Irish Evening at 7:30 pm, March 1, 2013 at the Smith Theater, Horowitz Center for Visual and Performing Arts on the campus of Howard Community College. … Continue reading
In this edition of HoCoPoLitSo’s “The Writing Life,” poet and musician Terence Winch talks with Irish novelist Colum McCann (winner of the 2009 National Book Award for Let the Great World Spin) after his second novel debuted to great acclaim. … Continue reading