Home » Posts tagged 'Reading list'
Tag Archives: Reading list
Last Saturday, the members of HoCoPoLitSo’s Board of Directors and staff met for our last meeting of the year. And we, too, shared our list of “Best Thing I Read in 2013.” So here it is!
- TransAtlantic by Colum McCann
- Bluets by Maggie Nelson
- Elizabeth Bishop and The New Yorker: The Complete Correspondence
- City of Veils by Zoe Ferrais
- Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie
- The Complete Poems of Anna Akhmatova
- The Sense of an Ending by Julian Barnes
And the grand winner of this list is Someone by Alice McDermott – named by three Board members and staff as their “Best Thing I Read in 2013.” You know who else liked Someone? NPR’s Maureen Corrigan – and you can see her picks for 2013 best books here.
Want to see more lists for best books?
– Laura Yoo